Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

A Whine Tour of New York

Classes start tomorrow, down here in lower Manhattan. I don't know that it has registered in my mind yet - the fact that I'm not going back to Ithaca. It might be because I'm so used to my life shifting and morphing every 2 years.

My new dorm is apartment style. My roommate has never spent significant time in the city, never taken the subway, never been to a bar and never paid 9 dollars for dinner at a restaurant. (She thinks that's expensive.) She's simultaneously in awe of and freaked out by New York. In addition...she is freaked out by how "intellectual" NYU/Columbia/city kids are. We met a kid who reads poetry in his free time and she can't stop talking about it. She's whining about it on the phone to one of her friends - right now.

I - as a person who loves and embraces all of New York, including all of its great culturally and intellectually attuned city kids - hate her fucking whining. The girl whines constantly. It's only one semester though...I'll get ear plugs. Either that or there's gonna be a smack-down, some time around march.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment