Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

The Worst Season of All

I've come to the conclusion that Christmas, in general, sucks. I understand the religious aspect of it and have a lot of respect and reverence for that...but the rest of the holiday celebration is an unholy piece of shit. It all seems so fake to me. It's sad that we've been building this fake holiday up for years and years. It's a trashy holiday. We've cheapened it by making it shiny and sparkly and peddling the shit out of it on street corners and in claustrophobic department stores. Everyone buys into it. My mom...the biggest Christmas sucker of all - she buys into it. She's the one who actually, physically swoons when she hears Christmas songs. She thinks that if things aren't right the rest of the year...they're sure to come together on December 25th!

Yeah, well...this year, on December 25th, a few boys and girls, will probably be blown up in Iraq. Christmas Spirit? Eh...forgive me if I don't give a shit. I'll celebrate the birth of Jesus and I will pray for this flaming shit-ball of a planet to get better - but I'm not gonna play cute with the relatives and run around buying every bright, glowing thing I see in a store window or wear stupid holiday clothes and act like a fool. It's just not me. I'm over it. I'm over the commercial blitz and the consumer feasting. I just don't like Christmas anymore. And while we're at it...Fuck Hanukkah too.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment