Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

The Morning After

(The Holy Day)
My parents hooked me up, this year. My dad got me one of those mini iPod things. Now...I know for a fact that this is mainly because he was getting my brother one and he wanted to be fair and even with the gifting...but still. I can't believe he got me one. I'm damn lucky. That's love and big-time generosity. The fam doesn't have a whole lot of extra money to blow on random stuff.

No doubt - I'm thankful for my gifts this year but, as I said before, I'm not real high on Christmas anymore. It should rightly be about religion. I don't like being consumed with presents and who-got-what and how-many-of-this, how-much-of-that and what-do-I-get-this-person? The most enjoyable parts of the celebration for me were getting a couple of calls from my girlfriends, having people enjoy the cake I baked, watching Joduh rip music and watching "When Harry Met Sally" with my grandfather. It almost felt like a regular day...something I've never experienced before. And there were very few arguments.

I could go for a good Christmas screw, tho. Bring out the mistletoe and some hot boys. (Laughable concept, I know.) Will the Village help this situation? Fuck...I'm not gonna get my hopes up. 2 years ago...been there. Truthfully tho - I like to joke about getting zero nookie but it's not a real anxiety - not something that greatly disturbs my peace of mind. It just makes my body go crazy. I need to get my shit together in other parts of life and focus on the upcoming changes. I'm going into 2005 blindfolded again.

I'm looking forward to spending some time in this city by myself. God bless New York, the troops, the people I psycho-love and Audrey, who is very sick and far too close to going home.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment