Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

An Eye For the Pretty Things

Cameron Crowe's website for Elizabethtown is one of the best movie websites I've come across in a long time. The soundtrack is prolific and stunning. One of my favorite parts is the blog written by Kirsten Dunst's character Claire: Claire's America. She writes:

So, to that end, - this, in all its cyberglory - is my attempt to make a difference. Welcome to My America - a place I'd like to believe is worth going through eyes wide open on the way to "there." My America, a land of wonder, of sparkle and glory, of hope, dreams, opportunity, county fairs, iron bridges, elephant ears, dog trots and old book stores that smell of other people's lives ... There are so many things that make life worth living. So many little, wonderful things ... the way a song hangs in the air, something you buy at a drugstore that changes everything, a movie you can't forget, a moment that lasts forever, the taste of some delicious bite on your tongue, a certain stretch of road. And that stuff is just the tip of the iceberg ... Maybe in all of this, there's some bridge between people to be built - people I'll never see, just like the places, on the maps, I'll never get to.


Yes, the world is on fire.

Yes, New Orleans is gone.

But life is still happening, second by second by second. And it's all right to be in love with it.

See for yourself.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment