Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

She Can't Lay Off the Mole Sauce

I ended up not getting the Republic gig, so I'm rolling on, looking in other places. It was just one of many things I had to just deal with this past week. In hindsight, I feel like I've been inhabitting a strangely surreal space for the past couple of days. With so many small things dominating my thoughts from moment to moment and the constant juggling of other people's egos. I'm drained. And then there's the fact that I went out drinking with my mother and her hair stylist, yesterday. Or was it the day before? (I didn't drink at all though. Craziness!)

Yeah ... I went out and "partied" with the woman who gave birth to me. Little did I know that she had already had one and a half glasses of wine previous to the pomegranate margaritas she slurped at the bar at Rosa Mexicano. Had I known, maybe the night would've run a little differently. Maybe we could've avoided the loud, obnoxious proclamations that we had been scammed on the guacamole. And maybe I wouldn't have had to sit through a conversation which consisted mainly of mom extolling the merits of oral sex.

On the upside, I did have a great time with her and the food was great. The mole sauce ... the grilled chicken and black beans ... the cheese cake. It was delicious. So delicious that when I woke up this morning my body giggled with pleasure at having held onto the pounds.

I better get my sports bra back on ... asuming it still fits.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment