Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

Peace in Certain Things

I often think of things to write, on the subway. In fact, my mind is at its most imaginitive when it's whizzing beneath the surface of the 5 boroughs. Provided it's not rush hour, I'm pretty peaceful and I have space and time to dream and reflect. Most of all to reflect.

Today I was on the 1, going downtown, thinking about how glad I am to be out of Ithaca and back in my city. I think returning to Gotham saved my life. Being able to finish up my university training at the New York school has saved my career. Not that an Ivy league name couldn'tve done things ... it's just that that Ivy league institution was stifling the hell out of me. I had given up on myself. I was content to wander aimlessly and then fall off the Earth. I had no dreams. None. They wasted away.

Right now, though, I'm dreaming even bigger and more dangerously than I ever have. More than I ever did as a child. Don't get me wrong - it's not all rainbows and sunbeams. I mean, life is shitty. But you find peace in certain things.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment