Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

Live From Ext 212

I found myself a little star struck today when I was crossing Broadway, in SoHo, and saw my second favorite blogger, in the whole world, walk past me, in the opposite direction. I found myself wanting to shout out, "Cia!" But that would've been completely embarrassing, given that she has no clue who I am.

I've been reading Cia's blog for about two years now and I've become a fan of her writing. It's not just that she is such a meticulous and hilariously compulsive chef/foodie/amateur food critic, or that she has informally reviewed just about every 5-star joint in Manhattan, or even that she and I have similar tastes in music, or that she's the type of person I could imagine playing a bit part in Sex And The City.

No. I think what I like about Cia is a hint of abashed humor and innocence that suffuses many of her posts - whether it's an alpha characteristic, or not - it's still there. And it makes every post of her's seem intriguingly personal ... because you really get a sense of that shadow personality. There's a sensitivity and lyrical delicacy to her writing, you feel like you're eaves dropping on the private conversations of a young girl, - even if that young girl is the type who routinely disparages the fois gras at Zagat rated restaurants.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

10:44 AM

heya, ralph. i linked to your site from cia's. like you, i'm a fan of her site. intriguing girl, ain't she?

anyhoo, i'll be peeking back here once in a while.

ta!    



6:42 PM

Completely. It was surreal seeing her in the flesh.

Love that blog.    



» Post a Comment