Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

Heigl is the Cure For Walking

On Sunday I had the pleasure and pain of participating in New york City's 20th Aids Walk. I signed up a week and a half in advance, raised $200 and walked the damn thing - 10K ... approximately 6 miles.

It was a great event. I recommend it to everyone. when else will you be forced to walk the length of Central park and then some? Tried to get my mother to go, but you know she wasn't into that much exercise. So it was just me and another 45,000 strangers beating the pavement. I'm sure a few of my friends were there but I only bumped into one acquaintance ... Tabitha, a girl I had known in high school. She's about to graduate and our conversation ended with me smiling knowingly and whispering, "service hours?" She chuckled nervously.

"Yup."

I did find some New York school grad students, as well as a couple of undergrads, and I interviewed them for an insane freelance piece I'm doing. But I lost them in order to head over to the main stage that they set up every year, next to Central Park's Sheep Meadow, where the celebrity guests and event planners talk about AIDs and civic responsibility and other great stuff that makes you feel energized, even if only for a moment.

So we walked and we raised 5.8 million. Cool, but not yet enough. I think 2006 will top it.

Legs fucking killed, the next day.

But things got good around 7 PM when I saw Katherine Heigl standing on the curb at Columbus Circle. I walked right up to her (buzzed, just from seeing her) and we chatted for about 30 seconds before the light changed.

That woman is just beautiful.

She doesn't make the list, but she still warrants fangirlish swooning. I'm telling you - she has these little freckles on her nose ... too kawaii for words.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment