Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

Pride and Prejudice

I'll be the first one to admit it. I was totally wrong about Keira Knightley.

In interviews that I've seen or read in magazines, she's come across as just a little bit arrogant and just a little bit caught up in the image of herself. But last week I had the opportunity of talking to her at the Pride and Prejudice junket. And, yes, my eyes have been opened.

She strikes me as just ... cool. She reminds me of a couple of my good friends from high school - totally down ass. When she walked into the room, she wasn't the diva-in-training that I've come to expect in young Hollywood ingenues. She was just like any other girl. Beautiful ... but just like any other girl. I also noticed that the clipped English accent that we hear in most of her films was non-existent. She's got that loose London dialect that reminds me of when I used to live there. It's great. She's funny as hell too and loves to talk. LOVES to talk. Even the film's director said she can't keep her mouth shut.

I also got to chat briefly with the other actors in the piece, including Jena Malone. A good film-major friend of mine has had an on-going obsession with her since she was 13. When I told her that I had interviewed her for 45 minutes, I received a burst eardrum for my trouble.

It was a good weekend ... since then ... work, work and more work.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment