Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

Break My Bank, My Dreams and My Spirit

I have so much work. SO MUCH WORK. These are the perks of a college education. I know all those 9 to 5ers out there groan and say "this kid doesn't know what she's talking about." But I would like to point out that at least you get paid for your sweat and toil. If the New York school could start paying me, well ... that would be nice.

My only reason for wasting your time, tonight, is to tell you that I saw an advanced screening of Thumbsucker and it was an extremely funny, poignant, truthful movie. Not too hip. Not commercial. Just a good simple movie that respects the viewer and tells a good story.

I got to ask the director a question at the Q&A - a general "how did Vince Vaugn get involved in this?" type of question. Another woman spoke up and asked the director for advice for anyone who was thinking of becoming a filmmaker, to which he basically responded with the general "work yourself to death and hustle for your money cause you will be a poor bastard for the first 10 years" type of answer.

To which I responded, inwardly, with a hearty "Fuck."
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment