Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

Getting Schooled

Occasionally I think about what I would be doing right now if I had a choice - but more importantly than that - if I didn't owe anyone anything and didn't have to look after anyone but myself. What would I be doing right now?

I wouldn't be here. I might not even be in college. But we deal with what we've got. We take it and run with it. And I am glad that I am receiving higher education. I'm appreciative of all that I have and all the sacrifices my family has made to allow this to happen for me. I'm just always aware that there's a wanderer in me.

There's some energy that doesn't like to stay in the same place for too long. It wants to be out in the world, free to create. College is not conducive to that kinda growth and freedom. Yeah we learn stuff about life over those 4 years but essentially we're here to facilitate a degree. College is just the bigger pen they hold you in before you are forced into the job market like the big, over-fed kid that you are. I don't care what anybody else tells you. This is it.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment