Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

Read it and Weep

I just can't help it. I can't help the tears swelling. In part, I blame the my current state of terrible-ness. Stress. My inability to relate to my parents what it is that is happening to me. (Man, those people don't know how to read me at all.) The skipped homeworks, failed quizzes, shitty papers I have accomplished this week. The chronic exhaustion.

But if we're looking to pin-point the exact event that precipitated in my ocular precipitation (easy now) it was this: THE CORNELL SUN GOT MY FUCKING NAME WRONG.

I wrote a great article for them, for the entertainment section - an article that took me into the small hours of Monday morning to finish. All week I've been looking forward to my first published piece - I mean...it was a feature article too! And then when I get the stupid paper and find the page...there it is:

(Stupid Title the Editor Gave Article)
By LAURA *******

MY NAME IS NOT LAURA, YOU INCOMPETENT ASSES!

That's what made me cry. And maybe there was a lot more behind the tears than that, but the typo was the straw that broke the camel's back.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

9:10 AM

Ahhh...
how nice it is the know that I am not crying alone; even if this crying took place 1 year ago.
P.S
I love your writing style.    



» Post a Comment