Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

Petty Little Man

Things are winding down ... finally. I find myself on the precipice of one of the most pivotal summers of my life. Will I languish for three months like last summer or will I hustle and do what I need to do?

Having said that, my efforts at hustling turned into a nightmare last semester, when I ended up interning for one of the most inappropriate, petty, unprofessional men in Manhattan. I worked in this guy's office for three months, trying desperately to meet unrealistic demands and stay in tune with a 'statement of purpose' that changed daily. I was alerted, this week, to the fact that I had supposedly contributed nothing to his project and, as a result, he would feel "uncomfortable" giving me a reference. I didn't mind so much about his decision -- that was his prerogative. I just hate the fact that his explanation was chock full of lies.

If I ever see that man again, it will take all my power to stop myself from ripping him a new one.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment