Extremely Perishable

Just like the Titanic, my virginity and acid-wash jeans.

Chris Evans is a NYC Virgin

In New York, celebrities come out in the sun. And they always flock to the same 3 places: SoHo, MPD and the West Village. If you see one anywhere else, they're either doing TRL, a movie premiere/shoot, Heath Ledger (a la Michelle W.) or lunch at the De Niro apartment. This is a rule, not an opinion.

Today I saw rookie celeb Chris Evans strolling up West Broadway. Chris Evans = the cocky fireball, Johnny Storm, in Fantastic Four. (B minus celeb, max.) I was sitting on a storefront stoop talking to one of the Ithaca kids on my cell phone and I see him strolling along in the typical Soho uniform: dark sunglasses, air of entitlement. Okay, I apologize; he wasn't strolling so much as strutting. And it was the type of strut that couldn't be natural. It was a little too slow and reminded me of when white kids try to imitate hip-hoppers.

This is an obvious sign that Evans is a novice when it comes to being a manhattan scenester. Maybe that's the way they do it in LA, but, in New York, we do naturalism ... or, at least, we fake it. Celebrities in New York generally move around in public as if they are "normal." They draw attention to themselves only in NOT drawing attention to themselves, and New Yorkers generally leave them alone. I could see the comic book think bubble coming out of Chris's head. It said, "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!"

I smiled at him and he didn't smile back. That was the only New York thing about him.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

9:14 AM

An update on Chris Evans that didn't warrant a new post: He's filming "The Nanny Diaries" on Columbia University's campus.    



» Post a Comment